Septic tank problems and backups have a potential for more wide-ranging problems than a sink backup or toilet clog. (Although these should be handled quickly by an experienced plumber, ideally at the “slow drain” stage before complete stoppage, to prevent system-wide problems in and around your home.) With a septic backup, you could end up with big costs to remediate any property damage and contamination, including environmental cleanup. Remember, Mr. Rooter Plumbing professionals are here to help.
What are the warning signs of a septic system backup?
- Sewage backup (smelly black liquid) in toilets and/or drains.
- Slow flushing and draining toilet.
- More than one drain in the house is running slowly.
- Wastewater seeping from the ground near your septic system, which may or may not have an odor.
- Lots of very green grass over the septic system, even during dry, hot weather.
- Bacteria in your well. Liquid from your septic system could flow into and contaminate your drinking water well through the ground. Have your water tested by the local health department if you suspect a problem.
- Algae or weeds growing in a pond near your house. This can be caused by septic system waste discharging into surface water.
- Bad odors around the house can be caused by incorrectly vented or failing septic systems.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing will get to your home quickly and work to contain a backup. We’ll then diagnose the root cause of your sewer clog and help limit any damage to your property. (Yes, tree roots are the #1 cause.) Mr. Rooter Plumbing technicians are courteous and extremely efficient. We’ll explain the recommended solution and any options—then we’ll fix it right the first time. To avoid a hazardous sewer disaster, call Mr. Rooter Plumbing at the first sign of sewer trouble!
Your sewer should be out of sight and out of mind! If it isn’t, heed the warning signs of sewer system or sewage backup and contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing right away. We’re available 24/7 for emergency plumbing repairs and we don’t charge overtime. Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing today!